Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Sorry I got disconnected, I have had loose stool movements

Customer Question

Sorry I got disconnected , I have had loose stool movements for the last 10 days and OTC Medicines are not helping
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 9 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 9 days ago.

It sounds like an infection due to bacteria or a parasite. You need to see your doctor and get a stool test to identify the exact bug so that antibiotics can be prescribed accordingly. Ginger and peppermint tea would help. You should take Gatorade and lots of fluids to prevent dehydration.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok so there is nothing really I can take until I get stool tested is that correct
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 9 days ago.

Thanks for the reply.

You can take Imodium available OTC if you have not taken already.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 days ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.