Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I have decided to contact you as I am really sweating badly.

Customer Question

Hi there I have decided to contact you as I am really sweating badly. This has been going on for months and not even necessarily when I am doing anything. It is getting ridiculous because I feel it looks like I have just stepped out of the shower as my hair, face and neck gets so wet. I must say, I do not smell at all and I am post-menopausal.....
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: I have Crest Syndrome I was diagnosed about 2 years ago I also have Raynaud's which is secondary to this.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have Fibromyalgia I have had this for about 5-6 years I take medication thank you
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 10 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 10 days ago.

How long has it been since you had your last menstrual period ?

Excessive sweating in post menopausal women could be due to the decline in estrogen levels which causes all menopausal symptoms such as dry vagina , hot flushes etc .

However you have got an autoimmune condition in CREST so other autoimmune conditions can co-exist . Hyperactive thyoid is one such condition that can cause excessive sweating so you must get your thyroid tests done .

Baseline tests like Complete blood count and ESR must be done to get clues on more serious causes like lymphomas or cancers.

Drugs like Glycopyrrolate can be helpful.

I hope you find it useful.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Please remember to reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 9 days ago.

Hello ,

I hope you are great . This is to request you to please reward credit for the consult you had the other day . You may do it by clicking 5 stars in the rating corner on top of your page.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,

Dr Saleem.