wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have had sickness and diahorrea for almost 2 weeks now.

Customer Question

I have had sickness and diahorrea for almost 2 weeks now. I'm also feeling extremely drained, nausea and tiredness. I have no energy at all. I have tried rehydration sachets and maintain high level of fluids. Sometimes I feel shaky. These thing haven't worked I have now been off work 7 days so require a sick note. Please can I have advice.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 4 months ago.

Are you looking for a note to provide to your employer saying you were too sick to go to work?

Did you contact your employer during these 7 days you were off sick? If so, what did she say?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
kept work informed while I was off. They have said if I need anymore time off I have to get sick note. I suffer with cluster migraines and take duloxotine for these.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately I am unable to provide you with a medical release from work note without physically examining you.

This is the law and I can do nothing to get around it.

Sorry about that :(

So. What should you do?

Consult with your GP. Hopefully she will be willing to provide you with a medical release from work note.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS