Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I’m a 50 year old GAD female. I take 40mg of paroxetine

Hello I’m a 50 year old GAD female. I take 40mg of paroxetine every day and I’m ok most of the time.
However I am a very hard working employee but I don’t always see the I’m wearing myself out.
I lost the last job I had 8 years ago because of my behaviour.
Then I was so successful being self employed for 6 years that client offered me a job.
I have worked there for 6 months and love it but over the weekend I started obsessing about my end of probation and before I knew it I had written these really demanding emails to them.
I have almost blown it with them. It’s only a little business and the are devastated that I behaved like that - as am I.
They are sorry for me but also very angry.
I’m also introvert and I’m wondering if this is a reaction to stress?
For 4 days I was convinced I was doing the right thing and now I know it was madness!
I have an appointment at the GP on 17 August and my end of probation if tomorrow and I am now dreading it.
I don’t know how someone with this sort of temperament and / or disorder is supposed to cope in the workplace.
Can anyone advise me please?

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

still need help?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Is someone going to reply to my question?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I’d rather just some general insight please

do you have a history of acting like this?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Twice before but many years apart. I think this was building up over about four days and now it’s over I feel very tired. I now feel like the inside of my head is hot - weird sensation - but my thinking is back to normal.

It sounds like anxiety to me

you see this irrational behavior commonly with that

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ah fair enough! I also might be menopausal too of course. Really need to keep a lid on it though and not lose this job!
Thanks Dr

welcome :)

good luck!

I always have someone I trust proofread my emails when I am fired up!

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!