Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

I have been on Holiday in Croatia. At around lunchtime today

Customer Question

Hello, I have been on Holiday in Croatia. At around lunchtime today I have had a dose of sudden onset diarrhoea which is causing me to have cramps in my intestines.I have had an unnaturally large amount of wind for the past two weeks.I am concerned this Gastro episode may be ongoing.
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 9 days ago.

could you give some more information regarding your question -

- are you having any fever, vomiting etc?

- did you take any medicines?

- are your stools watery?

- are you on any other medication?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I take Omneprozole for GERD. I have no Fever or Vomiting.My stools are watery yes.
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 9 days ago.

Thanks for the information.

You are having most probably travelers diarrhea, Important point is to prevent dehydration. The treatment that is usually available over the counter is -

- oral rehydration solution or gatorade

- Tablet imodium (loperamide), to reduce the watery stools

- bepto bismal syrup

- tylenol if you have any pain or fever

- light food that is easily digestible

If there is no improvement after the above treatment in the next 24 hours then you might need to consult a doctor for need of antibiotics.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.