DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

I have tried the drug Bromocriptine to lower my Prolactin

I have tried the drug Bromocriptine to lower my Prolactin levels, seems to have limited results. I should hope to try a similar drug. At the moment I also take Levothyroxine to regulate Thyroid levels. Ashleigh
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. There are no other drugs to lower prolactin except bromocriptine. Sometimes it takes several months to achieve results. Often a higher dose is needed. What are your prolactin and tsh levels ?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Average
I cannot help you if you dont answer the question. Please reply
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not satisfied.
Regards Ashleigh
I’m sorry you are not satisfied but I cant help you if you dont answer the question. What are your prolactin and tsh levels
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Pharmacy

High prolactin level may be due to pituitary over-production either with tumor like lesion or secondary to TRH secretion, increased when one is hypothyroid. You need to get as low TSH level by adjusting dose of thyroid hormone as possible.

Hope pituitary MRI scan has been normal with your case.

Carbergoline and Quinagolide are two alternatives to bromocriptine.

DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience: MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns