Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I am 71 yrs of age and have mCRPC. I have had all the

I am 71 yrs of age and have mCRPC. I have had all the accepted treatments available in the UK and am now on a phase one clinical trial of SRS737 Chk1 Mono.
This treatment does nothing for my PSA level which is currently 360.9 and rising rapidly. Doubling time 1.77 months.
I have always put great store in my PSA readings should I be worried.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have metastatic resistant prostate cancer.

rising PSA very quickly can be a sign your prostate cancer is growing and that the clinical trial agent is not working.

do you have metastatic disease in your organs or just in your bones?

do you have pain in your bones?

have you tried xtandi or zytiga second line anti-androgens?

have you received taxotere chemotherapy?

have you tried Xofigo radioactive radium 223. these are clinically proven treatments for patients who have castrate resistant prostate cancer which could help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just in my bones. No pain in my bones at the moment,I take pain killers morning and night.. Had a year on Enzalutimide, Xtandi. Full treatment of Radium 223. Looking at slow release Docetaxyl trial instead of srs 737 at the moment, have not had any chemo yet.

you take pain killers, but you say you don't have bone pain?

I have to see a patient right now. but I can call you in 15-20 minutes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
just send a reply please

best of luck to you
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com