Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I think I have clapper deformity of the testes. The right

I think I have bell clapper deformity of the testes. The right one continually twists in the scrotum and sometimes the left one. I manually untwist it but it keeps happening and results in a dull ache in my testicle and lower stomach. Can I have an operation to anchor my testicles. I have checked on the internet and this can happen even to older men. I have sufferered with this my whole life and it really gets me down.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

The surgery is called orchiopexy and it basically is anchoring your testicle down so it can't twist

You need to see a urologist for an evaluation to see if that procedure is warranted in your case

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can it be possible that I have sufferered with this all my life without damage to my testes

It's not really damaging to the testicles since it isn't a true torsion with a disruption of the blood supply

But an orchiopexy can get rid of your pain

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wow! will they believe me . I last had them checked when I was about 25. The gp said there was nothing wrong. But i have found out this solution finally after all these years on the internet. It would take a lot of worry away from me if I could have the operation. Is it painful and could I lose my balls
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will there be a long recovery time. Not that I'm botherered. I want it done. It's always made me depressed and I feel like I am not a full man
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks very much I'm really glad that I found this web site. I cannot thank you enough . I will tell the gp about this to help the gp believe me.

No the operation won't damage your testicles and all you need is an ultrasound of the scrotum to check for the problem. There will be some pain for about a week but really no down time

My pleasure to help and call on me anytime