DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am currently 25 weeks pregnant and whenever I have sex

I am currently 25 weeks pregnant and whenever I have sex there is a burning sensation. What should I do?
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: I just noticed it yesterday when my partner and I had sex. There is no discomfort otherwise.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

The most important thing to do is to make sure you don,t have a urinary tract infection

During pregnancy even asymptomatic urinary infection require treatment to prevent adverse fetal outcome

If infection is ruled out then this can be due to dryness of the vagina and you need to have proper lubrication prior to sex and avoid hard sex

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question

I am available to assist till you are satisfied

If you have received the answer to your satisfaction please leave a 5-stars feedback rating