Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I’m 14 weeks pregnant and I’m worried that I may have an

I’m 14 weeks pregnant and I’m worried that I may have an infection. I have flu like symptoms and pain in my stomach
Assistant: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: No. A few days on and off
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am currently taking fluoxetine for anxiety
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Someone at my workplace came out in a rash last week and was advised that it was a viral infection Similar to chickenpox. Since then I have had a few itchy spots but thought nothing of it until now

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

As you are pregnant so its not safe to take too many medicine , can harm the baby . We can however manage the symptoms with relatively safer drugs. You can take Tylenol for bodyaches and may take omeprazole for stomach ache . Unless clear symptoms of Chickenpox develop its not recommended to give medicine esp while pregnant.

Have you ever had Chicken pox in your life? Any vaccines ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had chicken pox as a child and I don’t think this is actually chicken pox, I was more concerned that I may have picked up something. I haven’t had a vaccine for it.

Alright so you are naturally immune to Chickenpox now i.e you cant have it again . Just manage the symptoms as they come , no real need of anything too aggressive during pregnancy . If the rash worsens you would need to get it examined by the doctor

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Please remember to reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.

-