DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have tension on the right hand side of my body. The

Hi there, I have tension on the right hand side of my body. The tension is coming from the base of my skull, down my neck into my shoulder. I have a restless arm and wrist, with a very slight shake in my hand and I also have a burning sensation in my wrist and hand. Have you any idea what this could be?

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about this

Since how long you are experiencing these symptoms?

Any neck pain?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have had these symptoms for about 3 months now. I have been quite stressed and have had alot of anxiety as well so I m wondering is it because of this or something more serious. it seems to be only on the right hand side of my body

Have you been to any doctor in the last 3 months?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i have been to the doctor, booked in for a blood test next week to test my thyroid etc. I mentioned the anxiety and the slight shake in my hand to the doctor
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry also the tension is at the base of my skull, down my neck and into my shoulder, it feels more like a strain than a severe pain

Thanks for the information

Your symptoms can be due to anxiety or tension as this type of headache can be due to tension and stress

Other thing could be a cervical spine problem as a nerve impingement or muscle spasm in neck can give rise to such symptoms

For now you can have analgesics and just monitor

Try to minimize the stress in your life

If it persist then you might require an X-ray cervical spine and if that is also normal some prescription drugs to control your stress and anxiety

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question

I am available to assist till you are satisfied

If you have received the answer to your satisfaction please leave a 5-stars feedback rating