Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have had heart pulpitations all day my chest is tight at

I have had heart pulpitations all day my chest is tight at times and I have a headache
Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: No nausea headache just today
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have asthma but that is under control

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today.

What is your age and your gender?

Are you on any medicines?

Let me know, we can chat/text here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I’m male and 46 omeprazole and two inhalers

Is this the first time you have had these symptoms? Especially the chest tightness?

Do you have any shortness of breath, cough or wheezing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had them yesterday but not as bad my chest is tight at times when my heart flutters

The first thing that comes to mind after listening to your symptoms is asthma exacerbation since you have been diagnosed with it. Chest tightness can also be a result of stomach inflammation and esophageal (food pipe) inflammation due to acid reflux but considering your age and gender, and the chronicity of the symptoms especially the chest tightness I will recommend that you get an EKG done at an Urgent Care or ER. This is to rule out heart conditions like angina. It is the protocol of the American Heart Association that a new onset of chest pain or tightness in an adult over the age of 40 should be investigated with an EKG. So the best course of action will be to get an EKG done at this point, if the EKG is normal, then attention can be paid at asthma and the acid reflux since they are less urgent matters.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you saying I should go to hospital now my pulpitations are very strong when they come and taking a deep breath when they come is hard but as for my asthma that is ok my head is pounding

Yes, you should go to the hospital for an evaluation and to rule out heart conditions that might be causing your current symptoms.