DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I pinched by stomach between a table and my rib. In response

I pinched by stomach between a table and my rib. In response I have a huge lump which is red, swollen, hot, and itchy. Its a very strange reaction for what would normally just be bruise The same thing happened a few months back with a mosquito bite on my belly. A huge red rash and circle appeared and stayed for weeks. I assumed it was a dirty mosquito but with a repeat this week with a bump, it seems strange. Is there anything serious that could cause this - I have an autoimmune condition (Raynauds) so worried it is another one
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: I used ice when sleeping I think the itch is just healing - just surprised that a simple pinch would cause such an extreme reaction, the lump is very big and very hot It is going away and is much better today (happened on Friday)
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: only the autoimmune condition

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Can you please attach a picture here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a picture from yesterday. It is only a question about such an extreme reaction to a pretty benign injury. a bruise would have been expected, not so much drama.

How old are you ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
43

Thanks a lot

This is obviously not a normal reaction to a skin pinch

You seems to have a sensitive skin

As you also have Raynaud,s so I would suggest that you do get checked for Lupus with ANA and anti-ds-DNA test

It could just be that your skin is super sensitive but in presence of Raynaud,s I would suggest theses tests

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question

I am available to assist till you are satisfied

If you have received the answer to your satisfaction please leave a 5-stars feedback rating