DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am suffering greatly with sciatica. I have to wait 6 weeks

I am suffering greatly with sciatica. I have to wait 6 weeks for a MRI scan . I have been to acupuncturists and osteopaths at my own expence.
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: The doctor said "keep walking" and referred me for a scan, I take lorazepam,Fluoxetine, 2mgs of steroids because I had PMR. Atenolol,perindopril, I want to know if I can take CANNABIS OIL safely as I can hardly walk
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6 weeks for a scan.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he is taking a long time!!

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Yes you can take Cannabis but only thing to look for is an increase in sedation

Taking Cannabis and Lorazepam can cause excessive somnolence so you should avoid driving

The effect of steroid can also be increased but it is not a contraindication to use Cannabis so you can use it

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question

I am available to assist till you are satisfied

If you have received the answer to your satisfaction please leave a 5-stars feedback rating