Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I wanted to ask that my periods have been going on for

Hello i wanted to ask that my periods have been going on for nearly 4 months and bleeding is heavy with clots, doctor prescribed me with noresthisterine but once i stop the pills i start bleeding again
Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: I have underactive thyroid and type 2 diabetes
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No pain, but iv had irregular periods! I didnt have periods for eight months and now i started in june and they wont stop unless i take the pill
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What could be the cause of long bleeding

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

what tests have you had?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Iv not had no test yet, iv got an appointment for an transvaginal ultra sound on the 17th! But im too scared

I think that is the critical test

that needs done for sure

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What do you reckon this is

how old are you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Im 33

I suspect you have a hormonal issue or fibroids

fibroids are benign growths that cause bleeding

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are fibroids dangerous and does that mean you cant become pregnant if you have fibroids?

No they are not dangerous

only if they bleed continously

you can still get pregnant

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you! You have been a great help!