Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Since last Friday I have had a urinary tract infection. I

Hi since last Friday I have had a urinary tract infection. I started taking drugs from a chemist to clear it up. A day later I woke up went to the toilet and I passed out and decided to see a doctor. I was told I have a strong water infection and was then prescribed antibiotics. I started taking these Sunday and I’m still taking them now. The infection hasn’t cleared up. I drink loads. I visit the bathroom about 18x a day. I’m in a discomfort pain in my private region and I have to wear a sanitary towel all day as it leaks blood and pus all day.
Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Good
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

How was the urinary tract infection diagnosed and what kind of antibiotics were you given?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Through a urine sample and my prescription drugs are nitrofuratonin

I don't think the nitrofurantoin was appropriate for a severe infection like this

You need to see your doctor again for a urine culture and I would put you on either Cipro or Augmentin twice a day for ten days to clear this up

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Okay the other problem is. I’m in Los Angeles now for a week. Can I buy these drugs over the counter?

No--they're by prescription only but either an Urgent Care or a walk-in center doctor can give them to you

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Okay thank you