DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have had a tooth abscess for over a week and been taking

I have had a tooth abscess for over a week and been taking Amoxycillin for 5 days the pain is still bad and my jaw and neck is swollen do I need more antibiotics
Assistant: Is the pain consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: it fluctuates
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I’m asthmatic and take Citalopram which causes my jaw to clench during sleep

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about your problem

You should see your doctor as it definitely need more antibiotic and if required a drainage of the abscess can also be required

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question

I am available to assist till you are satisfied

If you have received the answer to your satisfaction please leave a 5-stars feedback rating