Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I have been feeling unwell for the past two weeks and have

Hi I have been feeling unwell for the past two weeks and have had blood tests and apparantly everything is fine. I have been physically sick and when the doctor touched my tummy he thought it was my liver
Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: Blood
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have had problems with my liver in the past

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

What symptoms are you having? What problems did you have with your liver? How old are you? What is your question regarding this?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
My symptoms are nausea vomiting bright yellow stools with blood. I am 42. I generally feel very unwell. I had problems with my liver in the past due to alcohol but I've cut right down now.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Can you still answer me on here?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Were blood test related to liver enzymes done? Why did your doctor not do an ultrasound scan of the liver? What treatment did your doctor give?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Hi I'm not sure, they were just standard blood tests. I'm not sure why an ultra sound was not done.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
My doctor has given me no treatment apart from pills to suppress the vomiting.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Since you are not feeling well for 2 weeks just treating your symptom of vomiting is not sufficient. The cause for these symptoms needs to be detected. Your doctor felt your enlarged liver which can be due to many causes. Your doctor should do further blood testing to detect whether your liver enzymes are increased. Also, an ultrasound scan to detect the enlargement of the liver as well as other features which will help in the diagnosis. These symptoms and signs can be due to a benign reversible cause such as a hepatitis A viral infection but can also be due to other causes. So, with an exact diagnosis, specific treatment can be given which will be very beneficial.

Take care.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Thank you very much.

Dear customer,
You are very welcome!!
Thank you very much!