DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

I am a 37yr old male. I have had periodic anal spotting and

I am a 37yr old male. I have had periodic anal spotting and small amounts of bright red blood loss for some years and have been diagnosed with anal fissures. 6 months ago i had bleeding twice in a month, this time the blood was dark red. Over the past week I have had the same blood loss ( approx 4ml) twice and a 6-8mm blood clot, constant mild stomach ache and constant indigestion ranging from mild to severe, stools range from hard to diarrhea and small like rotten eggs or a babies bad nappy- sorry! Also faeces leakage
Assistant: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: Also my bottom hurts when I cough and I have found a lump just below my sternum
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: in pain for approx 2-3 weeks. no vomiting. slight nausea. I was a very heavy spirit drinker for about 5 years. but now only drink very occasionally.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

There may be a separate stomach issue unrelated to anal fissure. Please get ultrasound or internal gastroscopy done. Meanwhile please take bland dishes mostly with rice as cereal. Stool sample may be tested in lab when liquid, to exclude dysentery like infection. Enzyme tablet may help when having symptom of indigestion.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your reply Doctor. So do you think that these symptoms may be more stomache related than colon related?.
IE- 6 months ago i had bleeding twice in a month, this time the blood was dark red. Over the past week I have had the same blood loss ( approx4ml) twice and a 6-8mm blood clot, constant mild stomach ache and constant indigestion ranging from mild to severe, stools range from hard to diarrhea and small like rotten eggs or a babies bad nappy- sorry! Also faeces leakage.
I am seeing my General Practitioner (who is very indifferent) later today. Do you suggest I ask him to refer me to a Gastroenterologist for an ultra sound or internal gastroscopy and stool sample testing?