Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS; MD (Psychiatry), MSc Health Informatics
4079050

I find myself excessively talkative and hyperactive at times

I find myself excessively talkative and hyperactive at times and not wanting to see anyone or hear from anyone, feeling very low. I was wondering if you could advise me on what I could do/ what you would recommend?
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have not seen a doctor and am on no medications
Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I don't take any medications regularly and I am only allergic to Ibrupofen
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No

`Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a Psychiatrist ( M.D Psychiatry ) with 11 years’ experience.I am reviewing your question now and will reply back to you in a moment.

Since how long you are feeling like this?

I am recommending you an online screening test to try. Kindly try this quiz and let me know about your score.

Quiz

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have felt like this for a while. I'm not sure of an exact time when it started. I got 35 in the quiz

Thanks for your reply. This score implies that there is a possibility of you being suffering from a type of mood disorder although a proper mental status examination is required to say something conclusively. You can discuss with your GP about your symptoms, this test quiz score and most likely he or she will refer you to a psychiatrist for further evaluation on this basis of clinical examination.

Kindly also go through this article regarding the symptoms and the video from Royal college of Psychiatrist.

Key facts

If you need more assistance please use the reply box and let me know.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen. Please note that rating me now does not close your question. We can continue until you are satisfied.

Thank you!”.