DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

Following a ruptured breast implant (in for 20+ years post

Following a ruptured breast implant (in for 20+ years post mastectomy), I had a huge range of symptoms, but most of them disappeared within hours of explant (22 months ago). However, I am left with gradually worsening fatigue (if I sit down, I fall asleep), very poor sleep, dry mouth and a dry cough.(When I cough, I often end up with a major sneezing bout as if I am coughing up dust) Any physical effort is difficult (eg climbing stairs) and causes muscle aches but if I sit still I feel fine. Blood tests and Xrays are all clear/negative. My GP seems to accept that I have a problem caused by the silicone released into my system, but has no solution/treatment suggestions. (A) could this be ASIA syndrome? and (B) if it is, is there any treatment? Or what specialist should I request to see? The local NHS lymphedema nurse says my lymph is too compromised for her to treat. I am at my wits' end as this is really affecting my quality of life and I am beginning to get frightened.
Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: ???
Assistant: What confuses you?
Customer: ???
Assistant: What confuses you?
Customer: don't understand
Assistant: What confuses you?
Customer: are you a robot?
Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the doctor more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

Yes the symptoms match the ASIA.

Solution perhaps is in cannabidiol - it has anti-inflammatory effect on our bodies. It all boils down to our Endocannabinoid system. We have CB1 receptors, which are found in the central nervous system, and CB2 receptors that are located in the peripheral nervous system. Experts believe that CBD’s anti-inflammatory benefits stem from its interaction with our CB2 receptors.