DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

I completed Thalidomide chemo in March 2018. Previously I

I completed Thalidomide chemo in March 2018. Previously I had Velcaid without success in reducing protein level. My recent blood test Oct 19, indicated that protein level was rising and it was not necessary to recommence chemo. This would probably be necessary by March 2019. What do you suggest?
Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Quite good. I am taking exercise and have recently started swimming after which I am extremely tired. I try to have a diet with plenty of fruit and vegetables.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had a heart valve replacement and triple by pass 9 years ago
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, in July I had an MR I scan which showed 6 vertebrae smashed but as was pointed out, that left 18. The surgeon said that side I was not on pain killers and was walking for half hour each morning that was as good as it gets

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

It is not clearly stated what is the primary diagnosis.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The primary diagnosis in Feb 2017 was Myeloma,when I commend chemo therapy wit Velcade

Let the chemo specialist decide for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am back to square one. There is nothing to add.

Combinations including thalidomide with dexamethasone, melphalan, doxorubicin, or cyclophosphamide are effective options for the management of relapsed-refractory disease. Please discuss with expert.

DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience: MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns