Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I got some blood results, where my ATPO which is thyroid

Hi there, i got some blood results, where my ATPO which is thyroid antybodies i think (hope you know what i mean) and they are over the norm... i was at my gp but there werent very helpful
Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: More or less good - i got few concerns as i have very irregular periods since long
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I used to have hypothyroidism
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I was between 8-13 years old and then when i did usg in 2014 everything was fine. I did the other usg last month and there are some bumps but havent been told if its good or bad - i just need to control it every half a Year. Also atpo from my blood result is 133 where norm is up to 34. I did blood tests while i was in Poland i know norms Here are bit different. Is there any blood test i could to confirm if i could possibly have hashimoto?

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how high was your anti thyroid peroxidase antibody levels?

what is your TSH levels?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Atpo 134
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Tsh 3.80

that is an elevated ATPO

your TSH is a bit on the high side

and this can be a sign of hashimotos thyroiditis.

you may need higher doses of thyroid hormone to get your TSH levels down between 0.3 and 3.0 range.

hashimotos thyroiditis can be unpredictable since your body can make high or low levels of antibodies against your body's own thyroid gland.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
What Shall i do to confirm whether its hashimotos or not?

the high anti thyroid peroxidase levels point to hashimotos

ask to also get anti thyroid globulin antibody levels checked as well.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you very much for your help. I just wanted Second opinion as i was at go and i was Nearly sent home... and i know my body and i know somehings not right as i have other symptoms as well but its too much to write it everything Here.Thanks a lot and have a good evening!Kasia

you are welcome
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com