DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

I think I have a worm that is hidding in my nose. It is

Customer Question

I think I have a worm that is hidding in my nose. It is producing what looks like ova every evening and I can feel crawling in nose and discharge, often blood
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: since Monday and its getting worse. no breathing problems yet what treatment is appropriate?
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
see photo of what I believe to be larvae. most are too small to give sharp pictures on mobile camera
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

Expert:  DrVasavada replied 1 year ago.

There is no known infestation inside nose in humans. Which side you feel the crawling? It could be just inflammed lining. Please see ENT dr for treatment of same. Meanwhile use decongestant drops or spray.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why would it be worse at night? It feels exactly like pinworms - that kind of thing. I have had a CT Scan, awaiting results. Will CT Scan pick up pretty much anything that may be lurking in there?
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 1 year ago.

No. CT gives pic of. Bones & cavities. MRI is better for soft structures.