Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Please help I am struggling with anorexia and a diagnosis of

Customer Question

Please help I am struggling with anorexia and a diagnosis of euphoria I feel no hope and am not coping well with the diagnosis when I see people they seem to make me feel worse I can’t find any way forward only negative
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Sorry that was eupd ,yes I have been unwell for 4 years and been an inpatient in Ed clinic with no way forward I’m too afraid to embrace recovery as in too confused I take citilopram 40 mg diazepam x3 day and zoplucline
Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I take 40mg citilopram 2mg diazepam x3 day zopliclone 7.5 at night I’m allergic to snri meds’ abd penicillin
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I’ve told them about early trauma and stress with my son who is disabled
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

Expert:  DrVasavada replied 1 year ago.

Sorry about the diagnosis. There is help available on line so see link : http://www.jcktraining.co.uk/IN%20HOUSE%20TRAINING/PERSONALITY%20DISORDER/What%20is%20Emotionally%20Unstable%20Personality%20Disorder.html

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Link is not helpful at all it’s more for mental health professionals working with people with personality disorders and in its content makes it seem a very challenging thing which makes me feel worse
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

euphoria means you feel very very good

some patients who are manic can feel very very good

do you have a diagnosis of bipolar illness? bipolar illness can cause severe depression sometimes and severe highs sometimes as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I meant to write eupd and also Anorexia Nervosa there has been no significant improvement in 4 years and I’m still not seeing any way forward
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

do you have copd?

do you have a smoking history?

how old are you?

are you seeing a psychotherapist regularly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No emotionally unstable personality disorder I am having cbt once every 2 weeks with the eating disorder service and have had inpatient care which did not work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 44
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

eupd, emotionally unstable personality disorder.

are you able to improve your diet? eat more protein and cut out sugars and gluten and flour and carobhydrates

and eat more fruits and vegeables?

are you able to exercise?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My diet is still very limited to about 500 cal per day and I do not eat carbohydrates I still restrict very badly and more so when I am feeling low so am still not weight restored
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you need to increase the protein in your diet

and try to supplement with some more vitamin D3 supplements.

try to get some sun everyday

are you able to get outside to walk for exercise?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I enjoy walking but have not been able to recently due to lack of energy I eat a lot of protein but plus fruit and vegetables but no bread or other carbs
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you need to walk for exercise to help improve your energy levels.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There has been no improvement in my eating even with inpatient care and I have had anorexia now for 3 years I am awaiting dbt therapy
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you may need to increase your carb intake to help you gain some weight.

medication like marinol may help your appetite.