DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

Wanted to know if stem cell treatment is good for liver

Customer Question

hi wanted to know if stem cell treatment is good for liver cirrohsis
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: this is not me it is for a person in India
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: if any treatment available I have his report liver damage due to alcohol
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

Expert:  DrVasavada replied 1 year ago.

Only treatment that works in cirrhosis is liver transplant because original liver is fibrosed and hence all architecture is deranged, new cells if they form with stem cells will have poor duct and blood supply structure to function well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome.