DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

You have already answered one of my questions today.

Customer Question

Hi, you have already answered one of my questions today. However, I also have another question (which may or may not be related to the first). I lost my sense of smell and taste about 8 months ago and it still hasn't come back. I have been to see a doctor who has told me to do 'smelling exercises' which I have done but it still hasn't returned. It started after a really bad cold. Never had it happen before. The only taste I appear to get is a strong metalic one especially with sweet food like chocolate everything else has no taste at all. Even some people smell metalic. It is most odd to me. Need I be worried or do I need to go back to the doctor?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am happy to wait as long as it is within the time I have paid for
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

Expert:  DrVasavada replied 1 year ago.

If you have no other developing nervous system symptoms, nothing to worry about the lost senses. May or may not recover.

Please learn to live with them, neglecting the loss.