Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I am partially deaf and wear 2 aids. I have had pain in my

Customer Question

Hello I am partially deaf and wear 2 aids. I have had pain in my ear for 2 months now and can't go out for 5 mins without being in pain. My doctor has put this down to TJD but it doesn't make any sense to me as it has nothing to do with the ear
Assistant: Are you experiencing any dizziness? Do you have a fever?
Customer: No neither
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have had 2 miringiplasties on my left ear. The one that is in the pain most and my ear drum is curved inwards. Doctor has said this has nothing to do 2ith this
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 12 months ago.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

The inward curving drum indicates vacuum in middle ear so eustachian tube must be blocked in throat. Please use decongestant nasal drops or spray on that side nostril 2-3 times a day and see. If the aid causes local skin friction and pain of cartilage of outer ear, use anesthetic containing skin cream while plugging aid.