DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

I have received a letter from a new practice combining two

I have received a letter from a new practice combining two surgeries using capital letter in a sentence requesting a pre-arranged appointment. The names of the doctors in this new practice do not give initials whatsover. Is this legal?
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have been refused continuation of HRT medication which has made me quite ill - the reason for this I am told that it could affect my heart. I am experiencing palpitations since giving up HRT and life has become difficult to cope with everyday living. Can I request continuation of HRT at my own risk?
Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: No allergic reactions to any medication. I am currently taking Immipramine for Post Traumatic Stress - 4 x 25 mg daily and Gapenten for Osteoporosis - up to four per day. I was recentenly prescribed Propanerol (?) which slows down heartbeat. I feel as if I am about to faint and hot sweats are becoming embarrassing - to the extent I am afraid to venture out.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Yes - I became a self-confessed alcoholic seven years ago and am working a twelve-step programme - I have not had a drink for close on seven years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have also requested a copy of my file offering to pay for this service. I have received a reply from practise Manager saying that she will advise me when this is ready for collection with proof of identity and that there will be no cost. I am now waiting for her to call me when file is ready.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shall I check for an answer in the morning? Not sure how long it takes to answer a question of this nature.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

The omission may be clerical mistake so please seek the full initials of doctors concerned by writing or calling the new set-up.

Estrogen replacement is to be taken under medical supervision and not suited to all. Please bear with symptoms or take some alternative medications for hot flushes. (Like MLE4901)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - many thanks for your answer to my queries. i have found this very helpful - I am taking alternative medicines from Health Shop (Holland and Barrett) - I am making good effort to ease my symptoms and also applying Soya to my diet. I also have to face the fact that I am not as agile as I once was and try to practice the Yoga of daily living (taking time for everything) and using my walking stick. I will look into MLE4901. I will approach surgery regarding initials of Dr's - the 'new Team' do not display initials on the screen when called in for appointment - this is unacceptable and I will address this with the practise manager. Thank you very much for answering my queries so promptly and professionally.

You are welcome. Please rate the response positively.