Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

When is the chicken pox most infectious at before the rash

Customer Question

Hi, when is the chicken pox most infectious at before the rash appears or when it appears ?
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No its not me , is my daughter was talking to a boy in her class last week , and later that night he came out in the rash .
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm 31 weeks pregnant and have got a blood test to see if I'm immune to it , but no results yet .
Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: A blood test from me as I'm pregnant . Yes it's urgent question.
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 12 months ago.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

Yes there is fever stage and person is quite capable of shedding virus. If you already had it in childhood, nothing to worry as immunity is lifelong.