DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

My tongue is sore and is cracked what does that mean.?

Assistant: What confuses you?
Customer: Why is it cracked and sore .
Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: A couple of days I’m not sure why is happened but don’t want to go to doctor if it’s not nessary.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I don’t drink anymore but do smoke do you think this could be why though I only smoke about 5 8 a day.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

Soreness is likely due to some infection like candida. This may also cause crack. Please use clotrimazole lotion 2-3 times daily and also gel containing glycerine, local anesthetic for symptomatic relief. Smoking may be reduced or stopped.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok

Please also avoid spicy food.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you.

You are welcome.