DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

Since last night I have had altered sensation down the left

Since last night I have had altered sensation down the left side of my leg (outer), left little toe and left buttock - not quite numbness and not really pins and needles - just feels weird/different. I have had the same in my left little finger for quite some time. I have diabetes (controlled with medication) and migraine that can cause numbness on the left side of my face and hand. Do you have any idea what might be causing the sensation in the lower half of my body on the left? Many thanks.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I am starting to feel very slight pain down my left leg now - could it just be a nerve?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have some anti inflammatory gel but would I apply it above or below the buttock?

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

You may have pressed part of sciatic nerve that side. May recover in few days, if it isn't a developing neuritis.

Gel may be used over sore skin area and also buttock.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thanks for your responses. How can I rate you? It's not coming up like it usually does (I've tried logging in a couple of times)

Please contact moderator.