How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrVasavada Your Own Question
DrVasavada, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4398
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrVasavada is online now

I suffer from sleep apnea and loud snoring and the NHS

Customer Question

I suffer from sleep apnea and loud snoring and the NHS hospital gave me a CPAP machine following an at home sleep study. They did not do any checks on me apart from weight and blowing in a tube. I'm healthy and run regularly so its no due to over weight. I suffer from a blocked nose and found that the CPAP machine blew me up like a telly tubby and was painful through the day so I had to stop using it. Later after insisting with my GP that I finally get to see a specialist rather than being palmed off with nose sprays the ENT specialist found that I have a deviated septum and I am now being referred for an operation to correct the septum. Will this cure my apnea and stop me snoring because I done know what else I can do and when you read about sleep apnea causing health issues its something that I'd like to cure some way or other. Hope to get some further advice from a specialist.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

Expert:  DrVasavada replied 1 year ago.

Yes this procedure suggested by ENT specialist must be given try. It is not a major surgery.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I have the procedure in March 19.
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 1 year ago.

Good luck.