DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

I suffer from sleep apnea and loud snoring and the NHS

Customer Question

I suffer from sleep apnea and loud snoring and the NHS hospital gave me a CPAP machine following an at home sleep study. They did not do any checks on me apart from weight and blowing in a tube. I'm healthy and run regularly so its no due to over weight. I suffer from a blocked nose and found that the CPAP machine blew me up like a telly tubby and was painful through the day so I had to stop using it. Later after insisting with my GP that I finally get to see a specialist rather than being palmed off with nose sprays the ENT specialist found that I have a deviated septum and I am now being referred for an operation to correct the septum. Will this cure my apnea and stop me snoring because I done know what else I can do and when you read about sleep apnea causing health issues its something that I'd like to cure some way or other. Hope to get some further advice from a specialist.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 12 months ago.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

Yes this procedure suggested by ENT specialist must be given try. It is not a major surgery.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ok I have the procedure in March 19.

Good luck.