DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

I noticed an eye infection starting in my right eye on

I noticed an eye infection starting in my right eye on Sunday 4 November. I had a really serious one a few years ago and had to go to the London Western Eye Hospital for checking and treatment. This time it was uncomfortable rather than agonising but the eye kept itching and weeping making it difficult to read and work. I got some Optrex antibiotic eye drops and used them to treat this eye and then my left eye. Then the pharmacy told me to discontinue these and switch to Optrex antiseptic eye cream. This helped but it still is not much better after 2.5 week, weeping copiously whenever I go inside or outside or move energetically. It takes me days to get a local GP appointment so can you help? I am 67.
Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: My optician checked me last year and my near vision had improved fro the third year running.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am on long term medication for hypertension (Losartan) but my recent blood pressure test was good. I had two unrelated illnesses, one severe stomach problems due to spirochetosis in 2013 and a bad reaction to Naproxen for sciatica in 2015. I'm otherwise OK.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven’t heard back from you yet. Is there a problem?

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

Optrex contains chloramphenicol so if not working, please change to another one likely to be effective like Terramycin, Neosporin available as cream.

There may also be an allergy so oral cetirizin tablet may be started once daily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome. Please leave positive rating.