Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I’ve had physical aniexty for 8 years. Had my first panic

Hi I’ve had physical aniexty for 8 years. Had my first panic attack November 2010. Ever since that day I’ve not been the same. Constant hand tremors, high blood pressure my highest reading 4 years ago was 160/100, constant adrenaline surges. Point is around 08/09 I was taking performance drugs like Steroids, ECA and Clenbuterol which effects beta 2 receptors. I think this has done some long term damage. My Doc told me to get tested for Phaeochromocytoma which I didn’t do out of fear. It’s ruining my life because it’s affecting my driving lessons. Everytime i sit in the car my chest feels light..
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: 8 years. Not really. Understanding my biochemistry and genetic polymorphisms is complex in how I react with food and Supplements. I can say Caffeine is really bad and makes my hands sweat.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My Mother is Type 1 diabetic. Could it be autoimmune issues?

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well all your symptoms could be explained by anxiety . However there are a few conditions like a hyperactive thyroid & pheochromocytoma which should be ruled out . Caffeine / Ephedrine in ECA and steroids all can raise your blood pressure . Caffeine doesnt help anxiety at all . It can cause palpitations and tremors too . Beta blockers should help though . I would recommend you to get tested to rule out hyperactive thyroid as well as Pheochromocytoma.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
How would I get tested for both of these? Many Regards Thomas

Well through your GP . For thyroid get blood tests done and for Pheochromocytoma get your urine test for matanephrines .

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Please remember to reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.