Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I am a 52 year old man I had a motorbike accident at 17

I am a 52 year old man I had a motorbike accident at 17 years old, I spent a year in hospital with major fractures, and I have had over 50 operations over the years. I got fed up with taking all sorts of pain relief, Iturnt to smoking cannabis of which I have managed to control
Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: During my operations I had the whole of my left shin rebuilt I had a ,main vein in my leg rerouted lost the ends of my toes and the top of my foot a while later I had septicaemia in my shin and had to have a muscle taken from my other leg grafted onto my bad leg this was a few years ago.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: The last 2 years I had been getting unbearable groin pain and hip pain so much so sometimes I can be walking and my whole left side drops as if my hip as come out of joint. I have backwards and forwards to the doctors and hosipital had numerous scans and xrays which are all clear but I am still in excuriating pain and now I seem to be getting awful headaches as well. As I said before I use to smoke cannabis to deal with pain and that helped emmensley but since stopped smoking tried taking pain killers but do not help at all. My bad leg is forever swelling and the pain goes right from my groin to my ankle I and my gp are at a loss to what could be the cause so much so that when I visit my doctors now he is quite abrupt and says how many times have I got to tell you your left side is Knackered. Please where do I go from here.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am glad you are using medical marijuana

you should get an MRI scan of your sacrum and pelvis and right hip to see if nerves are being pressed which could be causing pain and swelling in the leg

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I. Have paid 33 pounds and you can’t ring what does that mean