DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I went through breast cancer 14 yrs ago and The menopause

I went through breast cancer 14 yrs ago and The menopause started immediately Id had chemotherapy.i was aged 50. This year I had a radical cystectomy for Bladder Cancer and have a urinaty diversion. Today after having no periods for so long Ive started to bleed. Im quite concerned.
Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: Ive not had a period for nearly 15years! No pain
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Yes. More importantly I had a hysterectomy in 2006

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Considering that you have a history of two solid organ tumors in the past this is not a very good symptom

You do need to see the doctor for an examination and an ultrasound to look further

A mass lesion or tumor needs to be ruled out

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question

I am available to assist till you are satisfied

If you have received the answer to your satisfaction please leave a 5-stars feedback rating

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you. Its rather a shock. I had a CT scan in October which came back clear.

It can be some infection as well but as I said your history is such that it can not be ta***** *****ghtly

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I will consult my GP

Good luck