DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I’ve been given MacroBID for a UTI. Is it an antibiotic that

I’ve been given MacroBID for a UTI. Is it an antibiotic that could be used with cyclizine if needed? I suffer from vomit anxiety. It just helps to know these things and stops me worrying. Thank you!
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: Vomit anxiety for 20years! I’ve not really been the sicky type so it frightens me. I’ve had CBT and have moved on so much, especially through having kids and dealing with their sick- that is so hard. I’ve done that recently so it’s at the back of my mind. One Dr gave me cyclizine in case I panic and feel sick so that it helps and knowing this does help. I read the possible side effects of the MacrBID and nausea and vomiting were there. Hence I wondered if I panicked would it be ok. Thank you
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Yes it is absolutely safe to take Macrobid (Nitrofurantoin) along with Cyclizine

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question

I am available to assist till you are satisfied

If you have received the answer to your satisfaction please leave a 5-stars feedback rating

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you so much!
The reassurance is so helpful!

You are welcome