DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Since heaving the new flu jab in October I've constantly had

Since heaving the new flu jab in October I've constantly had colds and shortness of breath how can this be treated
Assistant: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: I've got aortic stenosis but this is different I'm constantly coughong up thick white mucus and breathing is very shallow untill the mucus is cleared
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No I've seen my doctors 1⃣ three occasions since having these symptoms and they all say its a chest infection but nothing is getting rid of it including steroids and antibiotics

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Sorry I haven't got a response in my email

What are your current medicines ?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I'm just taking cough syrup and a brown inhaler I've already had steroids and antibiotics

Do you have any chest X-ray or echocardiogram done since having these symptoms?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No but had them done in March everything was fine but I did have bronchitis at that time also

Thanks for the information

As these symptoms mainly started in october and not responding to steroids and antibiotic you should have a chest X-ray and echocardiogram

This will pick whether the issue is related to lungs or heart

As Aortic stenosis can also get worse with infection so this a possible cause of shortness of breath must be ruled out

In that case you will need diuretic to help with shortness of breath

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question

I am available to assist till you are satisfied

If you have received the answer to your satisfaction please leave a 5-stars feedback rating

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Where can I get diuretic

Your doctor will prescribe it for you if required