Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I've have the flu coming on to 3 weeks and is getting worse

Hey I've have the flu coming on to 3 weeks and is getting worse I seem to have had relapse with bad cough and going hot and cold should I be seeing a doctor?
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: I had cough at beginning it went away and came back 2 days ago with very thick phlegm which I find hard to get up. Other symptoms are headaches and fatigue
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

If the symptoms are not going completely then the possibility of the bacterial infection is there so it is better to see a doctor for a thorough examination and you might need antibiotic prescriptions as well. Steam inhalation with menthol drops would help a lot. Put a humidifier in the room and take Sudafed.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK thank you that is helpful!

Glad I could assist.

Take good care.