Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I've been having stomach (upper stomach, lower chest) pain

Hi! I've been having stomach (upper stomach, lower chest) pain since Monday night. At this point I don't know if it's serious or just something to live through, and I can't get in to see my own doctor today.
Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: No--this is totally new. I had a headcold come on on New Year, and this started at the tail end of that, but I am still running a fever on and off. No shortness of breath, no.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No--nothing major or related.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

There are a few possibilities here--

An H pylori bacterial stomach infection

A peptic ulcer

Possibly pancreatitis

Or gastritis with gastric acid reflux

For now you can try oral probiotics, a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water twice a day and some PeptoBismol

But if it continues beyond this weekend you need to see your doctor for an exam, blood work, and possibly a ct scan of the abdomen

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I've been taking Gaviscon for the past couple of days, and it alleviates the pain a little but not much. I'll try the other suggestions, thank you. And yes, I will definitely go to the doctor on Monday. I was just worried because it's not a usual bout of indigestion.

My pleasure and call on me anytime

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you