Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What

Hi there...so
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: my girlfriend is feeling very sick...nauseous, skin aching, head ache and lower/middle back pain (could be kidneys) legs are heavy and numb too..
Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: She has vomited 3 times since this morning, the head ache since the morning too....she went to bed feeling fine...
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: She ate a salmon sandwich at 1pm lunchtime yesterday and then had the same vegetarian pasta supper as a friend (who hasn’t gotten ill) so we think it might be the salmon sandwich

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry about your girlfriend not feeling well

how old is she?

do you have a thermometer to check her temperature?

it sounds like you think she may have gotten some food poisoning.

has she had any diarrhea yet?

she may be helped by something like pepto bismal or zantac or maalox to help her stomach

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Dr. David thanks for this..She’s 33years old.She hasn’t had any diarrhea and unfortunately we have no thermometer...Is it worth me going to a chemists and getting some of those drugs ?

yes, it is worth for you to get some of those things to have in the house.

flat ginger ale can help settle her stomach.

saltine crackers may help

pepto bismal may help as well

she should feel better if it is just some food poisoning.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok I’ll go and track those down...Dr. David..Are aching legs, arms, skin all over and back pain (possibly organs, kidney...liver) symptoms of food poisoning ?

they tend to be symptoms of viral infection or flu infections

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok many thanks

paracetamol, ibuprofen may help with some of her aches and pain symptoms

her drinking more fluids, gadorade, chicken broth, vitamin C, EmergenC, Elderberry syrup may help her immune system

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping after Positive Feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks will do

thanks for using JustAnswer.com