DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Cant seem to shift mucas when I cough. Ive tried over the

Hi cant seem to shift mucas when I cough. Ive tried over the counter medicines but don't work. I gargle with salt water, use a salt water inhaler too to try and clear sinuses, which works for a short time, hot lemon and honey drinks too.
Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: not allergic to any i know of. Ive been taking cough and mucus medicine suggested by chemist dosent work though
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: not that im aware

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Which medicines have you used so far?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Robitussin, as suggested by chemist, just general off the shelf cough medicine ( tried sudafed congestion, cavonia cough medicine
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
no thanks
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
online is fine
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
are you still there to answer

How old are you?

Since how long you are experiencing these symptoms?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am 57 and its been going on now for weeks
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have made an appointment to see doctor but thats not until 21st January ( bit of a joke really)

Thanks for the details

You need to use an anti-histamine like Cetrizine and steam inhalation with menthol

You should also continue with Robitussin DM

You should have some chest physiotherapy

If all these does not improve your symptoms then you will have to see the doctor for an examination and if required a course of antibiotic/steroid

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question

I am available to assist till you are satisfied

If you have received the answer to your satisfaction please leave a 5-stars feedback rating

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
okay thanks very much for the advice