Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I was diagnosed with a polyp whilst pregnant. It got so bad

I was diagnosed with a polyp whilst pregnant. It got so bad that I went in to labour at 26 weeks. After my trauma I haven’t managed to have sex with my husband until recently. I started to bleed again. I went to my go who told me that my polyp was still there and this is why I am bleeding. This is 3 weeks ago and I am still bleeding and really scared now. My gp told me they would write to the hospital so I can see a gynocologist and the wait was approximately 3 months for this. I’m just really worried that something is seriously wrong....
Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: What do you mean?
Assistant: What confuses you?
Customer: I just need to know if it’s normal to bleed for weeks with a cervical polyp after sex
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I’m fit and well, always have been excersise regularly and never had any problems all my smear tests have been fine I’m just extremely sceard now as I can’t stop bleeding and my GP does not seem that worried about it

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

sounds like this bleeding polyp needs to be removed.

how old are you?

where is this polyp?

you need to get in with a gyn doctor.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am 33 and it is in my cervix.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Is this bleeding dangerous?

most likely not dangerous

you can loose blood and iron and your iron levels may be low.

your gyn doctors when you see them can cut out the polyp and burn areas on your cervix or cut them out which may be bleeding

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
All I can do is wait then for the referral letter. I been feeling really tired lately I assume this is linked?

your iron levels may be low

work on taking in more iron

and eating more iron rich foods, liver, steak, spinach, beets

and take a daily multivitamin with iron

and try taking some iron supplemements with food in our stomach

and get in to see a gyn doctor as soon as possible

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I need to wait for my gp to refer me they said it could take up to 3 months to get a appointment. This is why I went on here as I need to know it is not dangerous

it is not dangerous

but work on getting your iron levels up and drinking more water .

Customer: replied 5 days ago.

you are welcome

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping after Positive Feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com