Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I have pain in my left side of my abdomen for a few days

Hi, I have pain in my left side of my abdomen for a few days
Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I had the pain for about ten days, I visit emergencies services last Monday 4th thinking that was kidney stones but the scan was negative however they found blood in my urine. I went back to emergencies last Thursday due to the pain and they found blood again in my urine test. They gave me antibiotics and ask me to wait a week to see my GP. I have an appointment with GP on Thursday 14th, I am having constantly the pain and in the last two days I had contipation also
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am woorry I may have some kind of colon problem and I wonder if its good idea to wait that long to see GP
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
some one there?

Hello , i am Dr Saleem . Welcome to JustAnswer . I will be answering your shortly .

Sorry to know that . Whats your age and gender ? Any past kidney issues? Urine infections?

Any urinary issues at present like burning or increased frequency ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
45, male, not kidney issues in the past, not urine infection till now, urine is more dark than usual, they found blood in two test Last Monday 4th and Thursday 7th

Did you have an ultrasound ? Or a CT scan ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had a scan to look for kidney stones but was negative
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok

Ultrasound isnt the ideal scan , did you have a CT scan ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
not yet, I have all symptoms for a colon problem, my concern here is that this pain I started about 12 days ago and still need to wait till Thursday 14th to see my GP, more likely my GP will refer me to the specialist that more likely will takes time. Waiting that long is a problem is I really have colon problem?

You have blood in urine so it could signify stones but for that you need a CT scan to be a 100% sure . You need to take Prune juice and Lactulose for constipation .

Keep yourself well hydrated . You may add Cranberry juice and Cystopurin to help with the recovery if its due to stones

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Doctor said is nothing related with kidney stones

Whats your age ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
45

See if treating constipation helps . Might need to rule out diverticulosis