Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have been dizzy for 6 weeks now; it started with

I have been dizzy for 6 weeks now; it started with occasional episodes which seemed to be predominantly sound induced but now is a constant vibration of movement in my head accompanied by nausea and a pressure at the base of my skull. I have taken prescribed cyclizine and betahistine but it continues to get worse. I am 56 year old post menopausal woman in generally good health other than asthma which is under control and a familial tremor which has worsened of late
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: About 6 weeks and lying down used to help but not anymore
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: my usual screenings are all up to date and a recent standard blood test didn’t show any abnormalities

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

have you had any tests?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Basic exam for neurological deficits and checks for nystagmus

Have you seen an ENT?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No I have an appointment next Tuesday

I really think you need an MRI to rule out something like a vestibular schwannoma or MS

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
That’s pretty much where my thinking was going I just want to be armed with the right questions when I see the specialist I have also noticed that my teeth want to chatter too - is there any medication that will help with the dizziness/vibration as this is the most debilitating aspec
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
FYI I would speak on the phone but the noise is unbearable- sorry

I would try something like gabapentin honestly

something to calm the nerves

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you have given me a bit of clarity and it is very much appreciated

welcome :)