Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am feeling feverish and have a bad cough with slight pain

I am feeling feverish and have a bad cough with slight pain on the right side of my chest when I cough.. The fever and cough started last week on Thursday, the sore chest this afternoon. I was unable to make an emergency appointment at my GP today
Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: No not had this before at all. No shortness of breath.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: There isn't anything really. I had a really bad cold with earache over Christmas and New Year and had just come right with that. I took antibiotics to clear it.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

It sounds like a muscle spasm due to continuous coughing. I would recommend taking Advil, applying capsaicin cream and hot compresses over the area. Steam inhalation with menthol drops would help. Robitussin syrup would reduce a cough.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!