Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

My wife has the following symptoms. She saw her GP today who

Hi, my wife has the following symptoms. She saw her GP today who was unsure of the illness, saying it is probably positional vertigo and prescribed an anti-sickness tablet !! and told to come back in 2 weeks if she is no better.
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes seen Dr today, the symptoms are: light headed and dizzy with slight pain behind eyes, confused, vomiting, no appetite, drowsy, cant walk unaided (too dizzy) had recurrent UTI's for 3 years with pains in left kidney area. She is type 1 diabetic and having difficulty getting her blood sugar down, but it is not high enough to cause the symptoms. Dave
Assistant: Did you have a recent injury to the eye? How is your vision?
Customer: what has this to do with her eye?????
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My wife had intravenous antibiotics and oral antibiotics a week ago when a UTI infection was diagnosed, and the pains have gone but the other symptoms are worsening. Dave

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

These symptoms your wife is experiencing are little concerning.
She has uncontrolled type 1 diabetes which increases risk of vascular disease like stroke.
Her persistent dizziness can be a sign of stroke.
Does she also have high blood pressure problem?
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Dr Basu, she has no other symptoms of a stroke. She is on 2 hypertension drugs and her BP is average 145/90
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, I will just continue text rather than phone thanks

Ok thanks for your reply--that is considered high for a diabetic. BP should be around 130/80

Also does she have any change in speech?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No her speech is normal but a bit confused. Her GP did not seem concerned!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My wife is normally a good walker, but she can hardly stand at the moment
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She is asleep now so unless you think it urgent I will take her to A&E in the morning

Yes I think she needs a brain scan at least to check for stroke--that much dizziness is unusual with vertigo.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** gets worse during the night, I will take to A&E in the morning. You don't think it is connected to her UTI/kidney infection last week? Her urine test stick shows high leukocytes and ketones and traces of blood/protein

Not likely as she does not have any fever or signs of active infection.
Best wishes

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Dear Dr Basu,thank you for your advice, but it turns out that my wife has a kidney stone or kidney disease.. She is currently in hospital waiting for a CT scan. Thanks Dave

Ok thanks for the update--good that you took her to the hospital --wish her the best