Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have the contraceptive implant in my left arm. Today I

Hi, I have the contraceptive implant in my left arm. Today I have had pain in my arm pit which later progressed down to my elbow whenever I stretch or lift my arm. It feels kind of like a pulled muscle but I havent done anything that could lead to this. I have also had coldness, tingling and some numbness in my left hand occasionaly. I dont know if the two are related or if the tingling is just pins and needles. Thank You
Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: If my arm is tight to my side there’s no pain. There’s slight swelling on the upper arm.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nope

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

When was the implant inserted to your arm?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
About 2 years ago

Ok--
The appearance of swelling, pain, tingling can be due to the blood clot formation in the arm vein.
This can occur even after 2 years.
Another possibility can be a bacterial infection known as cellulitis of the arm.
You should get it checked out for proper diagnosis.
Best wishes

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Very welcome