Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My doctor has referred me to haemotologist today as my

Hi my doctor has referred me to haemotologist today as my monocyte levels have been low since May 2017, my doctor didn't explain why this could be. Could you possibly explain?
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have been given folic acid 5mg due to low folate levels but nothing for monocyte levels as awaiting referral
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not really

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.

Low monocyte count can be due to a number of a condition which can affect WBC count like bone marrow disease as they are produced in there, other causes can be blood infection, or some medicines used to treat cancers like chemotherapy drugs. It needs further evaluation like blood culture and bone marrow biopsy to find the exact cause.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!